Attracting and Upskilling Talent for the Strategic Sourcing Profession Working Group
- Date:Thursday 2nd May 2019
- Venue:GSA Offices, 44 Wardour Street, London, W1D6QZ
- You are interested in learning more about the GSA’s work on the strategic sourcing profession to date
- You are willing to be an Ambassador to promote this profession
- You want to help steer the future of the profession
- You have strong views on the development of talent in this industry
- You are new to the industry and want to join the GSA’s Emergent Talent Forum to shape the broader industry moving forward
The best performing companies have a recognised strategic sourcing function, where the team transcends technology, procurement, finance and operations to deliver real value-add to the business. Their focus is far removed from old-school cost cutting, but on driving innovation, transformation and exceptional customer experience through partnering and collaboration.
Strategic sourcing is one of the most exciting careers out there, yet few know it exists and it remains very much the accidental profession, without clear career progression paths.
Here at the GSA we have a quest to change that.
For the last 6 months we have been doing a body of work that looks at the competences and capabilities of the strategic sourcing professional – uniting the roles across both the buyer and provider sides. This is complimented by the portfolio of training and qualifications the GSA provides. We now want to roll this out to companies on both buy and supply sides, universities and even schools to raise the profile of the profession and attract more talent in – at all stages of working life.
We need strategic sourcing professionals to join this working group and help us shape the body of work moving forward, and beat the strategic sourcing profession drum.
Please join the Chair and Vice Chair of this working group: Jim Hemmington, Director of Procurement at the BBC and Joe Williams, Supplier Governance Management, Aviva to help us shape the programme moving forward.
Please join this meeting, if:
To register, email email@example.com
Price for Event
All prices exclude VAT
If you are interested in becoming a member, please see further details on our membership page and note that end users are entitled to honorary membership