GSA Ireland Launch
- Time:8.30am - 6.30pm
- Date:Thursday 30th November 2017
- Venue:Conrad Dublin, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
- Transparency – share more to gain more. Transparency is essential in sourcing. Jim Hemmington, Director of Procurement, BBC and GSA Chairman will present the Framework of Principles he developed for transparency, which underpins the Global Sourcing Standard
- The Importance of Good Governance, Gareth Fegan DipGSA, Outsourced Services Manager, Ulster Bank will take us on the journey of Ulster Bank’s governance framework, successfully developed alongside the GSA, following headlines for non-compliance and a multi-million Euro fine.
- GDPR - The rush for GDPR compliance is dominating businesses, Chris Argent, Director at Wavestone will give his take on the opportunities and pitfalls that may affect your organisation.
- Blockchain – Blockchain offers immense potential for the global sourcing industry. We’ll demystify this exciting technology and explain how you can benefit going forward.
- Eoghan Prendergast, Director of Services, Limerick County Council – Limerick are in the early stages of automation as they seek a better user experience in making social housing payments easier for claimants
- Philip Browne, Digital Operations Manager, Bank of Ireland – BOI are reaching maturity in their quest for automation. Philip will describe how they got here and what to look out for on the way
- Andrew Burgess, author of a couple of books on the subject of automation and AI, will share his views on where AI is going into the future.
On the back of member demand, we are delighted to announce the launch of GSA Ireland on November 30.
Our launch event will be a packed day covering many of the main themes impacting today’s global sourcing industry – providing delegates with a free taster of the GSA Ireland offering!
One packed day, four insightful programmes. Choose your preferred session/s or come to all:
Registration, Coffee and Networking
GSA Ireland Launch and Best Practice Showcase
Kerry Hallard, CEO, GSA will open the event and announce the launch of GSA Ireland and detail the programme for the association for 2018.
Chris Halward, Associate Director of Global Standards and Professional Development of the GSA will lead an abridged workshop on strategic sourcing best practice, taking delegates through the four stages of the Global Sourcing Standard lifecycle model: strategic leadership; relationship engagement; transition and change and relationship management.
Women in Sourcing, Networking Lunch
Over lunch, Kerry Hallard, CEO, GSA and Emma Mansfield, Head of Outsourced Service Assurance, Bank of Ireland will introduce the GSA’s Women in Sourcing programme and offer their insights into the equality debate and how it effects organisations at all levels. Women in Sourcing mentors will be on hand to network with and share their experiences.
Industry Trends: The world is being disrupted. Sourcing is being disrupted. Our afternoon session focuses on several of the key trends impacting the sourcing industry right now:
Automation Realisation Forum Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have dominated the sourcing industry for a couple of years now and continue to do so.
Terry Walby, CEO of Thoughtonomy who leads the GSA’s Automation User Group in the UK, will Chair a session which dispels the myths and bursts the hype about automation and will guide delegates on how to embark upon their own automation journeys and ultimately work towards developing an automation Centre of Excellence. Terry will be joined by industry experts and practitioners:
Network with industry peers and celebrate the launch of GSA Ireland
Price for Event
All prices exclude VAT
If you are interested in becoming a member, please see further details on our membership page and note that end users are entitled to honorary membership