Successful Management of Outsourcing Relationships (2)
- Time:9:00 - 17:00
- Date:Tuesday 31st October 2017
- Why relationships fail
- Different types of relationships and the approach required for each
- Relationship between types of contracts and relationships
- When is a partnership approach necessary
- The importance of trust and how it can be nurtured
- Developing behaviours that successfully build relationships
- The value of relationship charters.
- The value of trust in sourcing relationships, and maintaining them
- The key principles of BS 11000, the standard for Collaborative Working Relationships
- Successfully managing collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement?
- How to incentivise desired behaviour
- Developing behaviours that build relationships for exceptional performance
- Supplier relationship managers
- Contract managers
- Sourcing account managers
- Procurement managers involved in sourcing
- Operations managers in source provider organisations
The module addresses the issue of relationship management, which is often cited as a major issue in the relative success of sourcing arrangements. The value of the module is to provide participants, whatever their sourcing role, with a better understanding of the factors that impact on the success of the relationship between sourcing partners.
The course considers key topics including:
The focus of the course is on practice rather than theory, with participants encouraged to consider the relevance of the material to their own roles and to consider how they can make a difference to their own organisation’s sourcing practice.
The course is led by experienced industry professionals, providing an innovative and invaluable learning opportunity.
Who’s it for?
The GSA-UK Foundations of Sourcing programme is a series of workshops for sourcing professionals to develop their knowledge, understanding and management of sourcing.
Please note: Members and non-members are welcome to register for this course
What qualifications are available?
Alongside the workshops there is an option to obtain GSA-UK certification in sourcing practice - of value to those who see sourcing as a long term career.
Attend 2 workshops and provide evidence of work-based learning (EWL) to receive the GSA-UK Foundation Certificate in Sourcing.
Attend 4 workshops and submit 3 pieces of EWL for the Professional Certificate in Sourcing Practice and consent to add CertGSA after their names.
For further details please contact email@example.com
Price for Event
All prices exclude VAT
If you are interested in becoming a member, please see further details on our membership page and note that end users are entitled to honorary membership