Effective Governance of Outsourcing Arrangements (2)
- Time:9:00 - 17:00
- Date:Tuesday 26th September 2017
- What is governance? The session explores the nature of governance and highlights issues around governance which is often cited as a key factor in outsourcing performance issues. This is done with a mix of tutor presentation and group discussion which includes the Governance Matrix and examples of governance structures and schedules.
- Governance Review: A number of key factors that the GSA-UK has identified impact on successful governance are used as the basis of a review of what good, and bad governance looks like in terms of organisational and individual behaviours.
- The group explores how governance specifically ensures the alignment of stakeholders in the deal by further exploring the scope of governance impact and its effect on alignment.
- A bonus short session delivered that specifically focuses on meeting management and behaviours, as the group undertakes a review and considers actions to establish effective governance meetings.
- Supplier relationship managers
- Contract managers
- Sourcing account managers
- Procurement managers involved in sourcing
- Operations managers in sourcing provider organisations
The module introduces the key principles of governance in a sourcing context and explores leading edge thinking and tools in this critical sourcing topic. The value of the module is to provide participants, whatever their sourcing role, with an in-depth appreciation of the purpose of governance in sourcing management. It enables them to better understand what they are able to do in their role to contribute to successful sourcing governance. The focus of the course is on practice rather than theory, with participants encouraged to consider the relevance of the material to their own roles and to consider how they can make a difference to their own organisation’s sourcing practice.
Topics to include:
Who’s it for?
The GSA-UK Foundations of Sourcing programme is a series of workshops for sourcing professionals to develop their knowledge, understanding and management of sourcing.
Please note: Members and non-members are welcome to register for this course.
What qualifications are available?
Alongside the workshops there is an option to obtain GSA-UK certification in sourcing practice - of value to those who see sourcing as a long term career.
Attend 2 workshops and provide evidence of work-based learning (EWL) to receive the GSA-UK Foundation Certificate in Outsourcing.
Attend 4 workshops and submit 3 pieces of EWL for the Professional Certificate in Sourcing Practice and consent to add CertGSA after your name.
The course is led by experienced industry professionals, providing an innovative and invaluable learning opportunity.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Price for Event
All prices exclude VAT
If you are interested in becoming a member, please see further details on our membership page and note that end users are entitled to honorary membership