POSTPONED- The Buy Side Open House with the BBC
- Time:8:30- 13:30
- Date:Thursday 1st January 1970
- Venue:BBC Broadcast Centre, White City Place, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TQ
- CPD Hours:30
Unfortunately, this event has had to be postponed.
We will communicate a new date as soon as suitable.
The GSA is delighted to announce the launch of a new series of exciting and insightful events – The Buy-Side Open House. This series of events is focused on buy-side organisations opening their doors to members of the GSA community to showcase the inner workings of their strategic sourcing activity in a bid to share insights and drive best practice across the community.
The BBC is the first organisation to open its doors and invite the strategic sourcing community in to learn first-hand the BBC’s industry leading approach to strategic sourcing. This half day session will discuss approaches to driving value-add through collaboration. Key members of the BBC’s strategic sourcing team will present throughout the session. The agenda is as follows and will be chaired by Jim Hemmington, Director of Procurement at the BBC.
· The BBC’s approach to strategic sourcing today and key lessons learned along the way
· Using data to maximise sourcing opportunities
· Talent – developing, upskilling and retaining talent in an ever changing environment
· Planning for the future when the speed of change is relentless
· Partnership and Collaboration is a 2-way street
· The changing approach to relationship management
· How to achieve win: win
· New techs that are changing strategic sourcing
8:30 – 9:15 Coffee and registration
12:45 – 13:20 Networking lunch
13:30 Session closes
In order to reach the event, the nearest tubes:
Central Line – White City
Hammersmith & City Line – Wood Lane
Parking can be found at Westfield a short walk away.
See here for how to reach the BBC.
Please register quickly, as places are very limited.
Price for Event
All prices exclude VAT
If you are interested in becoming a member, please see further details on our membership page and note that end users are entitled to honorary membership