The Outsourcing Life Cycle and Best Practice Standard
This module introduces the key principles of outsourcing practice through an examination of The Global Sourcing Standards of best practice, a well-regarded framework that is regularly scrutinised by industry practitioners.
The value of the module is to provide participants, whatever their sourcing role, with a high-level appreciation of the sourcing context from which they are able to better understand their own contribution to the success of sourcing strategies and the contribution of others.
In the past it has helped to build greater consistency of practice and effectiveness of communication across outsourcing teams and arrangements.
The focus of the course is on practice rather than theory, with participants encouraged to consider the relevance of the material to their own roles and to consider how they can make a difference to their own organisation’s sourcing practice.
Topics to include:
- The structure of The Global Sourcing Standards
- Overviews of best practice in:
- strategic leadership
- relationship management
- relationship engagement
- transition and change
- Reviewing sourcing alternatives including shared services and offshoring
- Risk, challenges and opportunities in sourcing
- Exploring best practice to unlock the keys to outsourcing success
Who’s it for?
The GSA-UK Foundations of Sourcing programme is a series of workshops for sourcing professionals to develop their knowledge, understanding and management of sourcing.
- Supplier relationship managers
- Contract managers
- Sourcing account managers
- Procurement managers involved in sourcing
- Operations managers in sourcing provider organisations
Please note: Members and non-members are welcome to register for this course.
What qualifications are available?
Attend 2 workshops and provide evidence of work-based learning (EWL) to receive the GSA-UK Foundation Certificate in Sourcing.
Attend 4 workshops and submit 3 pieces of EWL for the Professional Certificate in Sourcing Practice and consent to add CertGSA after your name.
For further details please contact email@example.com