The Buy Side Open House With The BBC
- Date:Wednesday, May 15th 2019, 9:00 am
- Venue:Coeus Consulting, 5th Floor, 28-30 Cornhill, EC3V 3NF
The GSA is delighted to announce the launch of a new series of exciting and insightful events – The Buy-Side Open House. This series of events is focused on buy-side organisations opening their doors to members of the GSA community to showcase the inner workings of their strategic sourcing activity in a bid to share insights and drive best practice across the community.
The BBC is the first organisation to open its doors and invite the strategic sourcing community in to learn first-hand the BBC’s industry leading approach to strategic sourcing. This half day session will discuss approaches to driving value-add through collaboration. Key members of the BBC’s strategic sourcing team will present throughout the session. The agenda is as follows and will be chaired by Jim Hemmington, Director of Procurement at the BBC.
· The BBC’s approach to strategic sourcing today and key lessons learned along the way
· Using data to maximise sourcing opportunities
· Talent – developing, upskilling and retaining talent in an ever changing environment
· Planning for the future when the speed of change is relentless
· Partnership and Collaboration is a 2-way street
· The changing approach to relationship management
· How to achieve win: win
· New techs that are changing strategic sourcing
9:00 – 9:15 Coffee and registration
12:45 – 13:20 Networking lunch
13:30 Session closes