Strategic Sourcing Symposium
- Date:Monday, November 18th 2019, 8:30 am
- Venue:Eversheds Sutherland
Sustainability Drives Agility
Sustainability and Agility, the two hottest subjects in strategic sourcing today, are intrinsically linked.
You cannot be agile if you are not sustainable and you will not be sustainable if you are not agile.
The GSA’s 2019 Symposium is digging deep into these two subjects with content ranging from all the soft issues of sustainability, such as talent development and wellness in the workplace through to all the latest techs that drive agility.
Join us at the London Symposium to learn: How satisfied are buyers with their service providers and vice versa, as the GSA reveals its latest sourcing satisfaction barometer.
- Do the best performing companies really have a recognised strategic sourcing function? The GSA will launch its research into the value-add strategic sourcing delivers and why sustainable companies look to value creation rather than cost cutting measures.
- Aviva, Centrica and Barclays will all share their approaches to wellness in the workplace to drive sustainability and agility in their organisations. And The Living Wage Foundation will share their essential work on living hours as well as the living wage, as the gig economy continues to grow.
- Concentrix will showcase its use of the gig economy to deliver optimum CX and explain how the future of much work is gig.
- How do you contract for agile? KPMG will share its latest research and the best legal minds in sourcing will discuss the technical and legal challenges in the adoption of AI, blockchain and automation, as well as the impact of these technologies on the workplace. You’ll hear from Eversheds Sutherland, DLA Piper, Morgan Lewis and Ashurst among others.
- How do you build a sustainable business in a rapidly changing world? Hear the views of Horizon7 that advise providers and buyers alike.
- Professor Leslie Willcocks from London School of Economics will share his research findings for his latest book ‘Becoming Strategic With Robotic Process Automation’ and the fact that very few firms have achieved the holy grail of strategic automation.
- GSA’s own working group will share best practice on how to move from the category play to enterprise wide automation with real life examples.
- Fourth party assurance is vital for sustainability. How can you ensure ethical treatment of employees and sustainable practices throughout your supply chain? Is blockchain the answer to ensuring you don’t fall foul of the Modern Slavery Act?
- Start-ups and SMEs are the lifeblood of the sourcing industry and central to company agility, but how do you bring them into the fold. Hear from members of the GSA’s working group as to how they have overhauled their due diligence procedures to embrace smaller players and changed their practices and even the make up of their sourcing functions to help them thrive. The GSA will also launch its code of conduct for SMEs.
- Are robots really taking over the world or is it just efficiency software. The Symposium will close with the Big Bot Debate. Is the term robotic hampering the roll out of automation? Why are all bots not born equal? Is it insane to be boasting how many bots we have? All these subjects will be fiercely debated to close the Symposium.
As with all GSA events, expect hard-hitting information aligned to industry best practice. Expect to walk away with real insights that you can immediately apply to your business and new contacts that can help you on your way.
(Members receive first ticket free and it’s £495.00 thereafter)
Available Tickets and Prices
|Strategic Sourcing Symposium - Members Receive 2 Free Tickets||£0.00|
|Strategic Sourcing Symposium - Non Members||£595.00|
All prices exclude VAT
If you are interested in becoming a member, please see further details on our membership page and note that end users are entitled to honorary membership