The GSA is an industry association and professional body focused on helping organisations achieve optimal business value thtough strategic sourcing, by aligning to best practice (Standard and tools), upskilling sourcing professionals and dissemating trends and insights.
Our vision is to grow the reach and positive reputation of the strategic sourcing industry.
Our mission is to be both the home and global ambassador of world class strategic sourcing.
- Create a clear vision for the future of the strategic sourcing industry and profession to drive its growth and maximise value. This will include dissemating thought leadership and trends.
- Maintain world class standards in strategic sourcing, through continual development and deployment of best practices, the promotion of collaboration and professional partnering.
- Upskilling talent, through promoting core competencies and capabilities critical to the evolving profession, developing new qualifications in response to emerging industry trends and disruptors.
- Continually improving the positive reputation of the strategic sourcing industry, proving the significant value it contriutes to businesses and economies globally. Celebrating industry sucesses and showcasing its innovations, in order to deliver market growth and attract the best talent.
- Promoting ethical and socially responsible sourcing and partnering. Encouraging transparency, corporate and professional conduct and behaviours, to achieve success across the industry
To view the full Manifesto, please see:
In summary, the GSA will create a powerhouse of support, insights and practical delivery that will add immense value to our members and give them everything they need to stay ahead in their strategic sourcing requirements not only for today but well into the future.
The GSA will promote an even closer working network across buy and supply organisations and create a safe place for start-ups and smaller organisations to develop and build successful sourcing strategies.
This scope of activity in its entirety is a significant step forward for the GSA, in terms of the scale and variety of support that we will offer to members, both at a corporate and individual level. This is a unique proposition and service offering to our membership.
As we look to the future, we will need to work with existing and new members to establish the best package for them in terms of membership subscription and their ongoing relationship with the GSA. In doing that we will establish the level of membership that offers the greatest value, so that members achieve a good return on any investment, and certainly one that significantly surpasses the scale of their subscription.