Who we are
National Outsourcing Association trading as Global Sourcing Association.
Company registered address: 44 Wardour Street, London, W1D 6QZ
Company registration number: 03077062
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK Advisory Authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would however appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance on email@example.com
How do we collect your personal data?
We obtain your personal data when you contact us about services, submit information directly to us including through sign up forms, when you make a booking to one of our events or in connection with professional development offerings.
We use the information obtained to tell you about industry news, future events and professional development offerings. We do not share our emailing lists with any third-party companies who are not associated with us.
Types of data we collect
The personal data we collect from you may include your name, company address, company email, company telephone and any other information connecting to previous correspondence received by us.
When you make a payment to us, your billing information is not stored with us, it is collected by our third-party payment processor who specialises in secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you. Special categories include details about your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs and political opinions.
How is your information used?
- To enable you to participate in events taking place in your area
- To provide you with industry news information
- To offer our Professional Development offers
- To notify you about changes to any of our services and offerings
- To process any bookings, you have made with us (events, professional development)
- To meet our obligations to you arising from a contract between you and us as a company
- To seek your view and comments on the services and offerings that we provide
- To send detailed communication which you have requested i.e. our monthly newsletter
- For our internal audits including statistical or survey purposes
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will not release your personal details to any third party for their mailing and marketing purposes.
Third parties and service providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments. However, when we use third party providers, we disclose only the critical information that is necessary to deliver the service.
Data security and access to your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidently lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your data to those employees and third parties who have a business and need to know.
They would only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breaches and will notify you and the relevant regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you believe that your information held inaccurate or out of date please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, this includes the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you may ask us to erase your data to which we will do our best to oblige while staying legally compliant.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request the correction of the personal data we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
You have a choice about weather or not you wish to receive information from us. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing and other communication from us, then you can unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link found at the bottom of the most recent email sent to you from us
- Email email@example.com we will process your request within 7 working days.